|Q - What are Condition & Grading Standards and why must I use them?
A - VintageToys.com uses the following Grading Condition Standards.
- New > C10 Gem Mint All original, unused and unblemished. Brand New. Flawless.
- New > C9 Mint Entirely original, unused, may show evidence of factory rubs and the slightest evidence of handling, shipping and having been test run at the factory. Brand New. Unused or appearing to be newly made and never used.
- Used > C8 Near Mint Complete all original. No rust or oxidation, no missing parts, may show effects of being on display and/or age, may have been run. Like New. Almost unused or closely appearing to be newly made and never used.
- Used > C7 Excellent Plus All original minute scratches and paint nicks, no rust or oxidation and no missing parts. No distortion of component parts. Of higher grade or quality than excellent.
- Used > C6 Excellent Minor scratches and paint nicks, minor spots of surface rust or oxidation, free of dents. May have minor parts replaced. Possessing outstanding quality or superior merit; remarkably good.
- Used > C5 Very Good Sign of play wear with scratches and minor paint loss. Small dents, minor surface rust or oxidation. Evidence of heavy use. Of higher grade or quality than good.
- Used > C4 Good Moderate paint loss, dented, scratched, missing parts, surface rust or oxidation. Evidence of heavy use. Neither excellent nor poor.
- Used > C3 Fair Requires major body repair. Heavily scratched, major rust, oxidation and missing parts. Restoration candidate. Neither excellent nor poor; moderately or tolerably good.
- Used > C2 Poor Restoration required. Parts value only. Junk. Faulty or inferior.
- Used > C1 Repaired Has been restored to sound condition after being damaged intentionally or unintentionally.
- Used > C0 Ungraded Listed prior to June 01, 2010 and has not been graded with this new criteria. See Item Description.
VintageToys.com requires every SELLER to use Condition & Grading Standards so that BUYERS can quickly evaluate the condition of an Item or Items and determine if it is, or they are, a good purchase.
NOTE: These standards can be updated to include many other criteria. Please Contact the Administrator if you wish to add to these standards.